Shirdi Sai Satcharitra
The Significance of Sai Baba Satcharitra :
- This is the first and foremost book based on the life-story of Shri Sai Baba, which was originally composed in Marathi verse form. The writing of the book started in the lifetime of Baba with his blessings.
- The divine truth imparted by this book is even greater than the knowledge contained in the Vedas and Geeta, because all the characters and events in it are real and authentic as also recorded in details by many devotees.
- The spiritual essence contained in all the religious scriptures like Vedas, Geeta, Yoga Vashisht is found in the life-story of Shri Sainath.
- The concepts on God and spirituality are explained in such a simple yet comprehensive manner in ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ that no additional book, or commentary etc. is required to understand it. It has a natural flow of which the readers starts feeling as if they had been closely associated with its events in their past life.
- The foremost duty of a Sai devotee is therefore to read ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ and absorb it by heart if possible. The more they read this book, the more it will bring them closer to Baba and all their doubts and apprehensions will be cleared.
- It also has been experienced that during crisis if any devotee is searching for an answer, if he randomly opens of ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ praying Baba sincerely and with faith his answer can be found in that open page.
- Many people have got their desired benefits after reading ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ for a week in a parayana form.
Sai Satcharitra utilized in the following manner :
- Get the book, ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ in whatever language one chooses to read. Neatly wrap it up in a piece of new cloth, and place it near Baba’s photograph or idol with due sanctity.
- Whether at home or elsewhere, one should always read a few pages of the book every night before going to sleep. Every devotee should try to keep Baba as the last thought before sleep.
- During crisis it should be read devotionally for a week, as is mentioned in ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’. If possible, reading should begin on a Thursday or on some other special day, such as Ramnavami, Dussehra, Gurupurnima, Janmashtmi, Mahashivratri, Navratri, etc. After it’s completion on the seventh day one should feed the poor and destitute either in the temple/home or wherever possible.
- One should read it sitting in some isolated corner in the temple or in front of Baba’s statue or Photograph/painting. If other people are present, then it should be read to them or with them as well. Group reading should always be encouraged.
- Wherever and whenever possible, it should be read continuously from sunrise to sunset in the temples on auspicious days.
- ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ should be read to the devotees – sick, old aged and those nearing death as much as possible. All of them will get peace.
- ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ is a reasonably priced book and is easily available at Shirdi. Therefore, any devotee visiting Shirdi must bring a few copies with him to distribute among the deserving people free of cost.
- At times, of distress and agony if one sincerely searches for the answers from ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ he will not only find the answers but also solace. His faith will grown in Baba. Shri Sai Satcharitra should be taken by all Sai devotees as Geeta and Bible.
|Day 1 (Thursday)||Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Chapter 5||Chapter 6||Chapter 7|
|Day 2 (Friday)||Chapter 8||Chapter 9||Chapter 10||Chapter 11||Chapter 12||Chapter 13||Chapter 14||Chapter 15|
|Day 3 (Saturday)||Chapter 16 & 17||Chapter 18 & 19||Chapter 20||Chapter 21||Chapter 22|
|Day 4 (Sunday)||Chapter 23||Chapter 24||Chapter 25||Chapter 26||Chapter 27||Chapter 28||Chapter 29||Chapter 30|
|Day 5 (Monday)||Chapter 31||Chapter 32||Chapter 33||Chapter 34||Chapter 35||Chapter 36||Chapter 37|
|Day 6 (Tuesday)||Chapter 38||Chapter 39 & 50||Chapter 40||Chapter 41||Chapter 42||Chapter 43 & 44|
|Day 7 (Wednesday)||Chapter 45||Chapter 46||Chapter 47||Chapter 48||Chapter 49||Chapter 50||Epilogue||Arati|